
I got this off of Jaime's blog and laughed so hard! These were things that we lived and died by but were soon forgotten about because of new trends and obsessions!
CHIPS....Every Sunday night my family would flock to my parents bedroom to watch this! Jake and I would sit on the floor and pretend we were riding motorcycles. My parents would be on their bed with Jenny and throw out the SHHHH's and the finger snapping if it got too loud!
"By the Power of Grey Skull" and yes---I know that you had a crush on him just like I did!
I wanted to have a life just like hers! hehehe
This is where it all began...with Inspector Gadget...my TRICKERY TACTICS!!
I had every single doll, poster, magazine, anything that I could possibly own that reflected JEM!
THUNDERCATS....ROAR!!! Jake and I would fight over the best spot on the floor to sit at so that we could watch another one of our favorites! This was on before school started so it was a fight every morning to be able to watch this and get everything done before it was time to ride our bikes, or get "pumped" on the back of someone elses bike, and get there on time!

1. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head...I have way too many pictures to prove that I did this!

2. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE...My sisters still do this! They say "sikeuman" in their own accent. Yes Lyssa! This means you!
3. You have ever played with a Skip-It...There were many a fight over this with my family! Accusations, cheating on your #'s, who really was the champion, if the counter would be working, etc. etc. YES, it was all done!
4. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf...It is only now that I realize that she was the only lucky one!
5. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON...WAX OFF"... I thought that he was so hot and that Elizabeth Shue was so lucky!
6. You played the fame "MASH" (mansion, apartment, shelter, house) I can not tell you the number of Sac meetings that were spent only playing this continually over and over until you got the "right" one!
7. You can remember what Michael Jackson really looked like...I had one of the red, spikey Michael Jackson jackets and wore it proud!
8. You remember New Kids On The Block when they were cool and you don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB"... I was so jealous when one of my friends got to go to their concert when they came to Toronto! :( boo hoo for me! I still remember the way my NKOTB black t shirt smelled because of the artwork/plastic that was on the front!
9. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I"... Every Saturday morning we would watch Pee-Wee's Playhouse and run around doing obnoxious things afterwards! My poor Mother!
10. You traded Garbage Pailkids in the schoolyard...I still have my binder that holds my precious Garbage Pailkids that my mom and I put together so that I could trade them in an organized fashion!
11. You wanted to be a Goonie..."Hey, you guys!! Roocky Rooad Baby Ruth Chunk loves Chuck" I am laughing so out loud right now!
12. You wore stonewashed jean jackets and were proud of it...Yep!!!
13. You tight rolled or peg legged your jeans...Yes and in Toronto, the fashion was to even use safety pins to make them as tight as possible from your knee down! Oh boy!
14. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons ie "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"...The best game on our Game Boys was this and we would compete against each other with 2 systems!
15. You can sing the rap song to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton...I still watch this from time to time when it is on! hehehe
16. You watched "Saved By The Bell" and their styles of dress were your styles of dress...Still watch this one too!
17. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets...
I hope that you've all enjoyed reading and remembering these fads! We all had a good time at work laughing at our own memories and filling in those who had no clue what we were laughing so hard about! It also scares me to think about what else will be coming in the future!

2. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE...My sisters still do this! They say "sikeuman" in their own accent. Yes Lyssa! This means you!
3. You have ever played with a Skip-It...There were many a fight over this with my family! Accusations, cheating on your #'s, who really was the champion, if the counter would be working, etc. etc. YES, it was all done!
4. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf...It is only now that I realize that she was the only lucky one!
5. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON...WAX OFF"... I thought that he was so hot and that Elizabeth Shue was so lucky!
6. You played the fame "MASH" (mansion, apartment, shelter, house) I can not tell you the number of Sac meetings that were spent only playing this continually over and over until you got the "right" one!
7. You can remember what Michael Jackson really looked like...I had one of the red, spikey Michael Jackson jackets and wore it proud!
8. You remember New Kids On The Block when they were cool and you don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB"... I was so jealous when one of my friends got to go to their concert when they came to Toronto! :( boo hoo for me! I still remember the way my NKOTB black t shirt smelled because of the artwork/plastic that was on the front!
9. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I"... Every Saturday morning we would watch Pee-Wee's Playhouse and run around doing obnoxious things afterwards! My poor Mother!
10. You traded Garbage Pailkids in the schoolyard...I still have my binder that holds my precious Garbage Pailkids that my mom and I put together so that I could trade them in an organized fashion!
11. You wanted to be a Goonie..."Hey, you guys!! Roocky Rooad Baby Ruth Chunk loves Chuck" I am laughing so out loud right now!
12. You wore stonewashed jean jackets and were proud of it...Yep!!!
13. You tight rolled or peg legged your jeans...Yes and in Toronto, the fashion was to even use safety pins to make them as tight as possible from your knee down! Oh boy!
14. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons ie "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"...The best game on our Game Boys was this and we would compete against each other with 2 systems!
15. You can sing the rap song to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton...I still watch this from time to time when it is on! hehehe
16. You watched "Saved By The Bell" and their styles of dress were your styles of dress...Still watch this one too!
17. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets...
I hope that you've all enjoyed reading and remembering these fads! We all had a good time at work laughing at our own memories and filling in those who had no clue what we were laughing so hard about! It also scares me to think about what else will be coming in the future!



















3 comments:
I forgot how "sexy" he-man dressed!!! Wow, that's worse than today's cartoons!
And yes, I would have given my left arm to be Punky B.!! I LOVED watching that show, along with CHIPS (we got the Shhhhh's, and finger snaps too!)
And Jem! That was the biggest, heaviest "Barbi" on the market. With way funky crazy hair too. I had a Jem "tape" that I would dance and sing to.
When did you graduate by the way? I think we are pretty close in age. I graduated in '96.
Love the finger snapping comment! SOO true! I love your additions cause those are a few more great memories of growing up :)
Post a Comment